Forum Message

Topic: Multiple Parking Permits issued from one household
Posted by: Daniela Robotham
Date/Time: 17/05/19 07:25:00

I live in a road of small Edwardian Terrace houses, where parking is at a premium.  Permit Parking has been introduced a few month ago but this has made the problem even worse.  One of my neighbours has two bbig white vans and two cars registered to his address.  One of the vans has not been moved for about 2 months and I believe it belongs to his son, who is abroad and appears not to live at that address.

Many neighbours are very annoyed because parking is so difficult.  I am elderly and rely on my car, particularly at night but often find myself circling the area to find a parking space and then having to walk in the dark back to the house. 

Has anybody else got this problem and is there anything that can be dome about it.  

I tried to contact the council but was not successful.  I have written to my MP Mr. Sharma but have not yet received a reply.

Surely the council must review their policy for small terrace house, where clearly multiple parking permits will have a negative impact on other residents, who also pay their permits and road tax. Also I would have thought in an effort to become more environmentally friendly, the restriction of cars in residential areas to manageable and fair levels should be a priority.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Multiple Parking Permits issued from one household17/05/19 07:25:00 Daniela Robotham
   Re:Multiple Parking Permits issued from one household17/05/19 10:37:00 N V Brooks
   Re:Multiple Parking Permits issued from one household18/05/19 14:50:00 Daniela Robotham
      Re:Re:Multiple Parking Permits issued from one household18/05/19 15:10:00 N V Brooks
      Re:Re:Multiple Parking Permits issued from one household18/05/19 18:30:00 Philippa Bond
         Re:Re:Re:Multiple Parking Permits issued from one household23/05/19 18:01:00 Mark Evans
   Re:Multiple Parking Permits issued from one household24/05/19 18:16:00 Philippa Bond
      Re:Re:Multiple Parking Permits issued from one household24/05/19 19:43:00 N V Brooks

Forum Home