Forum Message

Topic: Re:Ealing Council Legal Action
Posted by: Andrew Farmer
Date/Time: 08/10/21 10:46:00

I am afraid it is not a case of "despite the new leader".  He is as bad as any of them.

THE NEW LEADER

I wrote to Mason about a serious issue (the institutionalised corruption in the Council’s complaints procedure). He is the man who promised transparency  and who wrote “Do email me on peter.mason@ealing.gov.uk to raise specific issues about the Borough”.

I wrote to him on 12.6.21. Despite three reminders (19.7.21, 18.8.21, and 20.9.21), I have not received even the courtesy of an acknowledgement, let alone a reply of substance.

I have come to the opinion that he is not a man of his word.  A moral fraud and hypocrite.

You can expect no help from him.

YOUR PROBLEM:  the council’s obligations to tenants in privately rented accommodation

I and my neighbours, had an insight into the Council’s failure in their obligations to tenants in privately rented accommodation some time ago.   We live near to a property that the Council had been using as a hostel (in contravention of planning regulations). The place was overcrowded and causing problems to the neighbours and more seriously to the tenants.  They turned to us for help. Eventually, the negligent landlord needed to have his licence to operate renewed.   The place was overcrowded; the rooms were damp with mouldy walls with cracked plaster;  the smoke alarm was taped over so that it did not operate; the escape route was blocked with rubbish and old furniture.  Despite all this and knowing all this, the council officer responsible, Mark Wiltshire, renewed the landlord’s licence as a “fit and proper person” to operate a large scale (sui generis) HMO.

I do not know what your situation is, nor the nature of the action you wish to bring.   I am not lawyer, but in pursuing the council, I have familiarised myself with the various aspects of the law relevant to this issue.

If you would let me know the nature of property you occupy and whether you have taken any action within the internal systems to complain about your problem before turning to the law, I would be happy to advise you from my experience to the best of my ability.

As you say, we need to unite against this Council.  It does not listen to the concerns of residents.  It is riddled with the corruption of unaccountability and, like the proverbial fish, it rots from the head down – down from its leader Mason, its CEO Najserak, and many of senior officers.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Ealing Council Legal Action 07/10/21 22:32:00 P Taylor
   Re:Ealing Council Legal Action 08/10/21 10:46:00 Andrew Farmer
      Re:Re:Ealing Council Legal Action 08/10/21 10:51:00 Rosco White
         Re:Re:Re:Ealing Council Legal Action 08/10/21 13:05:00 P Taylor
      Re:Re:Ealing Council Legal Action 08/10/21 12:20:00 P Taylor
         Re:Re:Re:Ealing Council Legal Action 14/10/21 08:22:00 Maggie Dodge
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Ealing Council Legal Action 14/10/21 11:13:00 Andrew Farmer
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Ealing Council Legal Action 14/10/21 11:28:00 Rosco White
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Ealing Council Legal Action 14/10/21 12:45:00 P Taylor
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Ealing Council Legal Action 14/10/21 12:47:00 P Taylor

Forum Home