Forum Message

Topic: Isn't the North Ealing anti-racism protest prejudicial?
Posted by: Gordon Southwell
Date/Time: 12/09/19 08:23:00

As far as I am aware nobody has actually been tried and convicted of a racist attack at North Ealing station. An allegation has been made and while that may be credible and likely backed up by witness statements and CCTV this evidence still needs to be tested in a court of law before we can say 'racist attack' rather than 'alleged racist attack'.

The woman with the Croydon facelift looks like people I have heard using the worst sort of racist language in public and I can see why there is a presumption of guilt. However, I have also seen people with the same sort of look behave with the upmost humanity.

It may make people feel good about themselves to go to a demonstration to show how much they hate racist but they may need to consider that they may actually be helping facilitate it. Would the legal representatives of any woman charged with this crime now not be able to claim that her chances of a fair trial have been compromised by a large gathering of people at the scene saying she is definitely guilty?

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Isn't the North Ealing anti-racism protest prejudicial?12/09/19 08:23:00 Gordon Southwell
   Re:Isn't the North Ealing anti-racism protest prejudicial?12/09/19 10:24:00 Rosco White
      Re:Re:Isn't the North Ealing anti-racism protest prejudicial?12/09/19 11:43:00 Andy Jones
         Re:Re:Re:Isn't the North Ealing anti-racism protest prejudicial?12/09/19 12:12:00 Rosco White
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Isn't the North Ealing anti-racism protest prejudicial?12/09/19 16:05:00 John Dickinson

Forum Home