Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Please urge Angie Bray to speak up for Human Rights
Posted by: Conrad Bryan
Date/Time: 24/12/10 21:45:00

Thanks Arthur, much appreciated.

Just a snippet of one of the many reasons why this UJ is important:

Yesterday I had lunch with a student of English Literature at the University of Nablus in the West Bank. He was here on his first ever overseas trip as part of a twinning arrangement between Nablus and Dundee doing voluntary work. A really nice and gentle chap but I couldn't but feel real sympathy for him and his people with what he had to say. He likened his life in the West Bank to that of Apartheid and he couldn't really understand why there is so little news coverage here in the UK about their plight. What struck me more was the fact that, despite him being a simple university student like any normal student here, he met people here who still regarded him with suspicion or even a terrorist simply because of where he is from.

For him Human Rights is crucial, particularly coming from the UK, which played a significant role in the anti-apartheid movement.

(one of the minor difficulties he endures as a palestinian is that he is not allowed go home via Jerusalem airport.)

Some insight from a palestinian student!

Merry Christmas

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Please urge Angie Bray to speak up for Human Rights22/12/10 20:30:00 Conrad Bryan
   Re:Please urge Angie Bray to speak up for Human Rights22/12/10 22:48:00 Arthur Breens
      Re:Re:Please urge Angie Bray to speak up for Human Rights24/12/10 21:45:00 Conrad Bryan
   Re:Please urge Angie Bray to speak up for Human Rights03/01/11 18:55:00 Jean Fitzpatrick
      Re:Re:Please urge Angie Bray to speak up for Human Rights04/01/11 23:57:00 Thomas Barry
         Re:Re:Re:Please urge Angie Bray to speak up for Human Rights05/01/11 10:19:00 Jean Fitzpatrick
   Re:Please urge Angie Bray to speak up for Human Rights04/01/11 08:49:00 Andree Ryan

Forum Home