Forum Message

Topic: Re:Litter in Northfields
Posted by: Phil Taylor
Date/Time: 25/07/10 19:45:00

Andy,

I think you are right, and wrong, on this. 

The parks have been looking bad litter-wise recently.  It is a perennial problem with the parks service being unable to work out a cleaning regime that matches the use of the parks.  It is something I raised in my two years as portfolio holder but did not get visibly improved I am afraid.  It is no use cleaning quiet parks and having busy, popular parks looking bad. 

You are wrong about the street cleaning.  The council’s benchmark for street cleaning is that at least 90% of roads inspected in a ward should be rated A – this is means that effectively you cannot really see any rubbish or detritus. In the four months before the local election the previous administration managed to get every ward in the borough over this hurdle. It was important to us. It was what we set out to do. In June 12 wards (Cleveland, Ealing Broadway, Ealing Common, Elthorne, Greenford Broadway, Greenford Green, Hobbayne, Lady Margaret, North Greenford, Northfield, Northolt Mandeville and Perivale) failed to meet the standard.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Litter in Northfields24/07/10 12:46:00 Andy Williams
   Re:Litter in Northfields25/07/10 19:45:00 Phil Taylor
      Re:Re:Litter in Northfields26/07/10 11:44:00 Philippa Bond
         Re:Re:Re:Litter in Northfields26/07/10 20:56:00 Dan Wilkinson
            Re:Litter in Northfields29/07/10 08:25:00 Philippa Bond

Forum Home