Forum Message

Topic: Elegant Hanwell house to be destroyed
Forum Home
Posted by: Victor Mishiku
Date/Time: 28/05/20 13:39:00

I have just read that the elegant dwellinghouse at 178 Church Road, Hanwell built in 1912 is to be destroyed for intensive redevelopment including the loss of many of the existing trees and much of the garden land.

On 9th June 2010, the government's then Planning Minister declared that domestic gardens should in future be characterised as "Greenfield" (like a Park or Recreation Ground) rather than as before "Brownfield" aka previously-developed land.

On 7th May 2020, the Government Planning Portal made a direction re. open space in the light of the virus crisis which adds to and underlines the decade-earlier important change in the law designed to prevent "Garden Grabbing".

Having fought backgarden/backland developments in Ealing and elsewhere for the last 34 years and helped save many fine houses and the gardens to which they belong, I would be glad to hear from the objectors to whom I can pass on some useful information and advice.

Sincerely,

Victor Mishiku "The Covenant Movement" vmfree@madasafish.com

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Elegant Hanwell house to be destroyed28/05/20 13:39:00 Victor Mishiku
   Possible Land Covenant - Elegant Hanwell house to be destroyed28/05/20 17:00:00 Victor Mishiku
      Re:Possible Land Covenant - Elegant Hanwell house to be destroyed29/05/20 10:57:00 Arthur Breens
   Re:Elegant Hanwell house to be destroyed06/06/20 09:23:00 Oswald Whittle
      Re:Re:Elegant Hanwell house to be destroyed08/06/20 08:48:00 Tony Heath

Forum Home