Forum Message

Topic: How can one shop in confidence?
Posted by: Raymond Havelock
Date/Time: 28/05/20 09:07:00

A visit to Lidl in Hanwell shopping for a person win isolation yesterday was a horror show.

Well managed outside descended in to chaos inside.
Why so few wearing masks? Why so many touching all the produce?  I've always found this a problem with some customers in this store in normal times.

Distancing simply goes out to the window.

But worse was to come. A small boy sneezed endlessly all along the open fruit area and along the bakery and in other parts of the store. His older brother coughed a lot and either put a hand to their mouths. No tissues. They both handled the produce.
Meanwhile the smartly dressed mother did nothing. Apart from preen her blonde hair and chat on her phone.

Another customer complained seconds before I was about to but the staff member pretended to take action but I observed that she actually walked off in the direction and carried on, did a loop and returned to what she was doing.

How is an app going to deal with this?

Words fail me that a mother, old enough to know better should be so careless.

The boys probable have hay fever but irrespective of Covid19, they should not be in any circumstances sneezing and coughing over fresh food or without a handkerchief.

With this sort of poor basic standards what hope is there for anyone to be able to shop in confidence?

People must be pulled up and embarrassed into thinking about their actions or lack of duty.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
How can one shop in confidence?28/05/20 09:07:00 Raymond Havelock
   Re:How can one shop in confidence?28/05/20 10:55:00 Peter Chadburn
      Re:Re:How can one shop in confidence?30/05/20 09:18:00 Raymond Havelock
         Re:Re:Re:How can one shop in confidence?30/05/20 11:57:00 Peter Chadburn
            Re:Re:Re:Re:How can one shop in confidence?30/05/20 16:23:00 Philippa Bond
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:How can one shop in confidence?30/05/20 18:05:00 Rosco White
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:How can one shop in confidence?31/05/20 07:31:00 Nicholas Beard
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:How can one shop in confidence?31/05/20 11:50:00 Rosco White
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:How can one shop in confidence?31/05/20 13:10:00 Raymond Havelock
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:How can one shop in confidence?01/06/20 13:50:00 Peter Chadburn

Forum Home