Forum Message

Topic: Re:Anyone voting in election should listen to
Posted by: Peter Chadburn
Date/Time: 13/11/19 12:03:00

I have read quite a bit recently in various websites about life under Stasi. What is interesting is that somehow integrity and truth are disappearing fast. It is a good thing that some journalists have decided to tackle the people who are spouting lies. I hope that in this election we get a chance to see some of the protagonists tackled and put under scrutiny. Lies seem acceptable when the Prime Minister is sadly someone whose connection to the truth is somewhat loose. We see publicity campaigns with inaccurate information supporting Universal Credit. It is very dark these days and with the Press being incredibly partisan i fear for the results. The Telegraph has always been pro conservative but you could always read through any bias in the past. It was a quality newspaper with some very good journalism and it covered things with detail. Sadly it has become a fan magazine for Boris and Nigel!! And the standard of some of the front pages would make the Sun proud. We can see why so many Tory politicians are very uncomfortable with what is going on. I voted for Boris as London Mayor because Ken had become a fascist over the West London Tram. I am a Eurosceptic who voted remain. In the last 25 years i have voted Labour. Sadly Bliar with his management of the news and 2 crucial lies has laid the groundwork for where we are today. The dodgy dossier is well documented but most of all the claim that only a few thousand poles would come to the UK in 2004 meant that the remain campaign had no credibility when we had the referendum. Trust had been destroyed and we assumed that as wages stagnated with a big pool of labour that the elite who were making the money clearly had cheated us. The funny thing is that our anti establishment candidates in Boris and Farage represent the next wave of profiteers who will exploit the people. It is very sad that we see with russian interference to destabilise the west that the very people who claim the flag are those who would sell it out to the highest bidder. We are in very dark times with too many dangerous people in Parliament. Nicholas Soames who as the grandson of Churchill is very telling in his criticism of Boris and company. There are many people such as Gauke, Grieve and others who deeply care about our democracy who are no longer in the party. Boris paints himself as a Churchill figure but sadly is more of a Mussolini. In local politics we see a cabinet that is not accountable. The CPZ renewals affair and their response to it is a typical example. There are many people who can be blamed but we must ask ourselves what can we do. Examine the words and checkout the claims. And Vote for decency and integrity!!

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Anyone voting in election should listen to10/11/19 11:59:00 M Powes
   Re:Anyone voting in election should listen to13/11/19 12:03:00 Peter Chadburn
      Re:Re:Anyone voting in election should listen to13/11/19 13:18:00 N V Brooks
         Re:Re:Re:Anyone voting in election should listen to13/11/19 15:08:00 Peter Chadburn
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Anyone voting in election should listen to13/11/19 15:21:00 N V Brooks
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Anyone voting in election should listen to13/11/19 15:52:00 Peter Chadburn
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Anyone voting in election should listen to13/11/19 16:08:00 N V Brooks
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Anyone voting in election should listen to13/11/19 16:20:00 Peter Chadburn
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Anyone voting in election should listen to13/11/19 17:06:00 N V Brooks
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Anyone voting in election should listen to13/11/19 17:37:00 Peter Chadburn

Forum Home